What is Tramadol?
Tramadol is a drug that is consumed orally. It is a narcotic analgesic which was launched by a German pharmaceutical company named Grünenthal GmbHIt in the year 1977. It is beneficial in decreasing the intensity of pain.
Uses of Tramadol:
Tramadol is used for treating pain, in severe or moderate form. It is also beneficial as a second line treatment for fibromyalgia
Forms of Tramadol available:
You can find that Tramadol is available in the market in different names such as Ultram, Zytram, Ultram ER, Ryzolt, ConZip.
It comes in form of liquids, syrups, drops, elixirs, and powders, capsules, tablets that include extended release formulations, suppositories, compounding powder, and injections
You can buy Tramadol from our online pharma store. We ship the product to various countries worldwide.
Working of Tramadol:
Tramadol gets transformed into Desmetramadol after entering the body. On taking this medicine, it gets bound to the μ-opioid receptor. It starts acting as an SNRI, i.e a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. It operates in the brain to modify the ways in which the body feels and reacts to pain.
The dosage of Tramadol:
Tramadol can be taken orally with food or in empty stomach. You need to consult the doctor for the right way of taking it. In order to ensure that the pain is relieved, it has to be taken every 4-6 hours
The initial dose is generally lower and is gradually increased by examining the responsiveness of the patient toward the treatment. You must remember not to exceed 400 g per day. When elderly persons take this medicine, they must limit it to 300 mg per day.
Impact of Tramadol overdose:
If you take an overdose of Tramadol, severe outcomes can occur such as feelings of passing out or trouble while breathing, slow breathing, slow/irregular heartbeat, coma, seizure. Depression, addiction, and seizures are the risk factors for Tramadol and there are chances of death also, because of an overdose.
The side effects of Tramadol:
Here are the side effects of tramadol:
- The occurrence of urogenital problems such as symptoms of menopause, urinary retention.
- Experiencing visual disturbances.
- Experiencing rashes.
- The occurrence of gastrointestinal problems such as pain in the abdominal part, anorexia, flatulence.
5.The occurrence of hypertonia which is a musculoskeletal problem.
- Occurrences of problems associated with the Central Nervous System such as experiencing anxiety, confusion, coordination disturbance, euphoria, miosis, nervousness, sleep disorder.
- The occurrence of vasodilation which is a cardiovascular issue.
- Feelings of Malaise which can make you very uncomfortable.
Here are some side-effects that rarely appears:
- The occurrence of Stevens-Johnson syndrome/Toxic epidermal necrolysis, urticaria, vesicles.
2.The occurrence of dyspnea which is a respiratory issue.
3.The occurrence of abnormal gait, amnesia, cognitive dysfunction, depression, difficulty in concentration, hallucinations, paresthesia, seizure which are issues related to the Central nervous system.
4.The occurrence of Orthostatic hypotension, Syncope, Tachycardia that are cardiovascular issues.
- Experiencing Serotonin syndrome which has symptoms such as a change in the mental status, hyperreflexia, fever, shivering, tremor, agitation, diaphoresis, seizures, and coma.
- Loss of weight
- The occurrence of a suicidal tendency
- Experiencing anaphylaxis
- The occurrence of allergic reaction in the body.
Here are some of the common side effects:
- Experiencing respiratory depression.
- Severe asthma
- Experiencing hyperactivity, hypoactivity, hypotension.
- Experiencing drug withdrawal which includes agitation, anxiety, gastrointestinal symptoms, hyperkinesia, insomnia, nervousness, tremors.
- Experiencing drug dependence.
- Occurrence of convulsions
- Occurrence of bradycardia
- The occurrence of allergic reactions which includes anaphylaxis, angioneurotic edema, and urticaria.
Safety measures that need to be taken while taking Tramadol:
Here are the precautions that you need to take while under the Tramadol medication:
- Inform the doctor about your medical history so that he can provide the dosage accordingly.
- The heart rhythm may be prolonged because of the drug which may lead to serious consequences such as faster or irregular heartbeat. So, immediate medical attention is needed in such situations.
- On taking the medicine to avoid driving or running any machinery or doing any task that needs you to be careful because the drug can make you dizzy.
- Inform the doctor about all the prescription, non-prescription, and herbal products, which you are taking so that the doctor can tell if there are any chances of drug interaction.
- Older adults and children are prone to the side effects.
- If you take the medicine for a longer duration, the effectiveness gets reduced. This must be immediately informed to the doctor.
- The medicine should be stopped gradually by lowering the doses, to ensure that withdrawal symptoms do not occur.
- Do not take the drug for a longer duration and avoid high doses because this can cause withdrawal symptoms.
- Persons who have nausea should take it after food. Then you need to lie down for about 1-2 hours without making head movements. This will help in decreasing the sensation of nausea.
Getting a Tramadol prescription:
If you have any kind of pain, then the doctor will thoroughly examine your medical condition and then he may prescribe Tramadol for you. You can get it without a prescription from our store but we strongly advise you to take it only after consulting a reputed physician.
Is Tramadol a legal drug?
Under the federal Controlled Substances Act in the United States, Tramadol is a Schedule IV drug. In Australia, it is available with a proper prescription only. It is not a Schedule 8 controlled Drug which is considered to be illegal if possessed without authority like the different opioids. It is a controlled substance in Sweden and belongs to the same category to which codeine and dextropropoxyphene belong, but you can buy this using a normal prescription. In the UK, it is a Class C drug.