What is Hydrocodone 10/500 mg?
Hydrocodone is an opioid which you can get in the market in form of extended-release capsule or tablets. It supresses moderate as well as severe pain. It is semi-synthetic in nature and is derived from an opioid alkaloid found in poppy seeds named Codeine. It also acts as an antitussive or cough suppressant
Available forms of Hydrocodone in the market:
Hydrocodone is also known by certain brand names such as Hysingla®, Zohydro ER®. You can get their extended-release capsules or tablets.
Purchasing Hydrocodone 10/500 mg:
You can purchase Hydrocodone 10/325 mg from our online pharma store. The product is shipped worldwide to different countries.
Uses of drug Hydrocodone 10/500 mg:
Hydrocodone has the following uses:
1.For relieving severe pain.
2.When the other treatments fail to treat round the clock pain for a long period, then this medicine is recommended. In case other medicines work, this medicine should not be taken.
3.For suppressing cough.
Working of Hydrocodone 10/500 mg:
This medicine changes the way in which the brain and the nervous system reacts to pain. It serves as a selective agonist of the μ-opioid receptor. This receptor is the main biological target of the endogenous neuropeptide β-endorphin
The dosage of Hydrocodone 10/500 mg:
People take this medicine orally through the mouth. After a period of 12 hours, the extended-release capsule is taken. You can take the tablet once in a day. Make sure to stick to a particular timing while taking the medicine daily. This will help you to avoid missing a dose by mistake.
Take enough water in the mouth to swallow the medicine. Avoid resoaking the extended-release tablets in water, wetting or licking it. In the initial stages, the doctor says to take a smaller dose which is then slowly increased after every 3-7 days depending on the degree of pain you are experiencing.
Impact of an overdose of Hydrocodone 10/500 mg:
In case of an overdose of this medicine, you are likely to experience some unwanted effects such as drowsiness, confusion, and nausea. It may also happen that your breathing may be depressed or stopped. So you need to call the poison control situation to handle the matter. This is the reason why small doses are recommended in the beginning.
The side-effects of Hydrocodone 10/500 mg:
You may experience some negative effects on taking Hydrocodone 10/500 mg which are as enumerated as follows:
- The occurrence of uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body
- Experiencing swelling in the foot, leg, or ankle
- Facing difficulty in falling asleep or staying asleep
- The occurrence of a ringing sensation in the ears
- Experiencing back pain
- Tightening of muscles
- Experiencing difficult, frequent, or painful urination
- The occurrence of a headache
- Experiencing tiredness
- Experiencing dryness of mouth.
- The occurrence of stomach pain.
Here are some serious side effects of Hydrocodone 10/500 mg:
- The occurrence of problems while swallowing or breathing
- Experiencing hives, itching
- Experiencing alterations in a heartbeat
- Experiencing confusion
- Experiencing a faster heartbeat
- The occurrence of severe muscle stiffness or twitching
- Experiencing a loss of coordination
- The occurrence of nausea, vomiting
- Occurrence of diarrhea
- Experiencing a loss of appetite.
- The occurrence of weakness, or dizziness
- Incapable of getting or keeping an erection
- The occurrence of irregular menstruation
- Experiencing a decreased sexual desire
- swelling of the eyes, face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Experiencing hoarseness
- Contracting fever.
- Experiencing agitation, hallucinations in which a person sees things or hears voices that do not exist;
- The occurrence of pain in the chest.
Safety measures while taking Hydrocodone 10/350 mg:
It is essential to take certain safety measures before taking this medicine, to ensure a safe experience. Here are the measures:
- Tell the doctor about all the prescription, non-prescription, herbal medicines that you are taking so that he can tell you if there are any chances of drug interactions
- When the body becomes used to the drug, the normal dosage won’t work. In such cases, you need to visit the doctor this so that he can increase the dose.
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers should void taking this drug to prevent any chances of undesirable side effects on the baby.
- Since the prescription is not refillable, you should keep scheduled appointments with your doctor to prevent any chances of running out of hydrocodone. If the pain continues even after the recommended dosage duration, then you need to inform the doctor.
- The drug should not be suddenly decreased or stopped as it can cause withdrawal symptoms such as restlessness, teary eyes, runny nose, yawning, sweating, chills, hair standing on end, muscle pain, widened pupils , irritability, anxiety, back or joint pain, weakness, stomach cramps, difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, fast breathing, or faster heartbeat. So the doctor recommends to gradually reduce your dose.
- If you need to undergo any laboratory tests, then the laboratory personnel must know that you are under this medication as this drug may affect the end results.
Getting a prescription for Hydrocodone 10/500 mg:
After a thorough examination of your medical condition and pain, the doctor can recommend this medicine for you. You can buy it from us without a prescription also. But it is always safe to take it under the guidance of an experienced physician only so that you are least affected by its harmful impacts.
Is Hydrocodone 10/500 mg legal?
This medicine is categorized as a controlled drug because of which manufacturing, supplying, and possessing it is regulated by law. With a valid prescription, you can get it legally. Death and other sever consequences have resulted because of overusing this drug by using it for recreational purposes.